Listen to a sample of the album below.
A Modern Oratorio inspired by the Shared Creation Stories of the Middle East
Musical Collaboration: Saadi Neil Douglas-Klotz, Abraham Sussman & Friends
This CD is a musical expression of the shared creation stories of the Bibles (Hebrew and Christian) and the Quran. Join us for a musical journey imagining the caravan of human experience, reaching back before you to the beginning, to the source of all that is. The music serves as a wonderful meditation on Creation, to be listened to as a whole. It includes all of the melodies from Saadi’s Genesis Meditations cycle, and is useful to learn and integrate these dances.
- * The Story Begins (Bereshith bara elohim) (Genesis 1:1)
- The Unformed Seed of Existence (wa ha’aretz hayta) (Genesis 1:2)
- The Great Dark Rolls In (wa choshech) (Genesis 1:2)
- Breath and Darkness Make Love (wa ruach elohim) (Genesis 1:2)
- Light Is! (wa iyyomer elohim) (Genesis 1:3) * Celebration of the Light (wa yi’ra elohim) (Genesis 1:4)
- Part II: Holy Wisdom’s Story * Wisdom and Life Energy Embrace (Ya qanani re’shith) (Proverbs 8:22: )
- Wisdom Pours Herself Out (Me’olam nissakhti) (Proverbs 8:23:)
- The Birth Dance of Holy Wisdom (Be’en tehomot) (Proverbs 8:24)
- Part III: The Human Experiment * The First Remembrance (Alastu bi-rabbikum) (Quran Sura 7:172 )
- In the Divine Image (Nahaseh adam ) (Genesis 1:26)
- Reigning with All Creation (Pherow wa rebou) (Genesis 1:26)
- Part IV: Returning * The Seventh Day (Wa isheboth) (Genesis 2:2)